Moving into your new build house is an exciting time. There’s nothing quite like the smell of fresh paint, new appliances and flooring and a bright, delightful space that has never been lived in before. A new build means you can start afresh with all of the fixtures and fittings in your home, knowing everything is brand new and should last you for many years.
The only downside to moving into a new build property is that some issues can’t be spotted until they’re properly tested. As the first occupant in a brand new house, that task falls to you. Hopefully you won’t have many issues, but it’s important to maintain your property either way, and knowing what problems to look for can be a big help in getting things sorted quickly and easily.
The skilled team at Smart Gas Plumbing & Heating have in-depth knowledge of everything related to the plumbing and central heating in homes, and have experience of working with new build properties. In the following post, we provide guidance on plumbing for your new build, and how to maintain and look after it all. If you have any further questions, feel free to contact us online, or by calling 01924 734530 or 07900 417080, or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Why plumbing maintenance is important with new builds
It’s tempting to think you never need to consider the plumbing in your new build property. After all, everything is shiny and new, so what is there to maintain? However, as with any property, the plumbing can be affected by outside elements such as the weather. But with new builds there can also be other factors to consider because with new installations and connections, small errors can be made or parts can fail to connect and this can cause teething problems.
By thinking about the following, you can help maintain the plumbing in your new build to a great standard, and spot any problems or niggles that need sorting, quickly.
Once you’ve moved in to your new build, be sure to do the following:
- Check for leaks. Some will be obvious but others less so, meaning you should check under sinks and keep an eye on your walls to ensure they’re not bubbly or showing water patches.
- Do your snagging. With all new build properties there will be some snagging, so it’s worth checking all of your plumbing to make sure nothing has been missed or isn’t working as it should be.
- Watch for smells. If your bathroom or cloakroom is emitting a bad odour - a bit like a sewer smell - it could be down to a vent not properly connected and will need addressing.
- Have your boiler serviced. By doing this annually you’ll validate the warranty on your new boiler and ensure it stays in ship shape.
- Insulate your outside pipes. You can do this yourself with foam lagging tubes, to help prevent your pipes freezing over in winter.
How Smart Gas Plumbing & Heating can help
As experienced plumbers and heating engineers, our professional team can help you with any new build plumbing needs you have. From boiler servicing to fixing leaks, just give us a call and we’ll be happy to help.
We’re a friendly bunch, always reliable and give 100% to our work, 100% of the time. We’re also Gas Safe registered, meaning we’ve been checked as having the relevant skills, qualifications and experience to work safely with gas. In addition, we’re fully insured to work in your home and are trusted by our customers across Heckmondwike, Batley, Cleckheaton, Dewsbury & Mirfield. If you’d like to read about what they think of our service, just check out some of our reviews on our website.
New build plumbing maintenance across West Yorkshire
Smart Gas Plumbing & Heating are a local business, serving the areas of Heckmondwike, Batley, Cleckheaton, Dewsbury and Mirfield. We are professional and highly skilled, with experience of the maintenance requirements of a new build property. Whether you’d like something checked over, have an issue that needs sorting or want to get a gas appliance or gas boiler serviced, we can help.
To ask a question, find out more or arrange a quote, simply get in touch in any of the following ways:
- By calling 01924 734530 or 07900 417080
- By emailing email@example.com
- By messaging us through our website contact form.